My good friend Karen GoatKeeper is having her book release party that day, so I will take a short break to participate in that. I think it definitely counts as reading goodness though. Please visit her site and show her some love! This is a wonderful thing for her.
I tried to gather some good, short books that I could zip through next Saturday. Unfortunately, my local library system is tiny and only had one out of about a dozen books that I'd been looking for. So I also went through this far-too-messy house and tried to find some good books that I've been meaning to read forever but hadn't gotten around to. It's my hope that this will seriously help with my pathetic 2013 Books Read post. I may not finish them all, but I'll bounce between books as interest dictates.
My To-Read List So Far (please feel free to make suggestions, and I'll add them if I can find them)
- My good buddy Spencer's book, which he has asked me to give feedback on
- Where Are the Children? - Mary Higgins Clark. Not my usual type of book, but it was suggested on the Dewey site.
- The Kingmaker's Daughter - Philippa Gregory. A friend suggested that I check out Gregory, so I finally am.
- World-Building: A writer's guide to constructing star systems and life-supporting planets - Stephen L. Gillet. I started this one at the beginning of the year and just never got around to finishing it.
- The Birth House - Ami McKay. Alexis, another dear friend, gave this one to me quite a while ago, and I've been meaning to read it asap.
- The Walking Dead: Something to Fear (vol 17) - Robert Kirkman. Had this one for months and haven't read it yet. Vol. 18, and I think maybe even 19, is already out!