I'm starting about an hour late, unless you count reading emails & Dear Abby during my coffee time. It's reading, so that counts, right?
I will be reading for as many of the 24 hrs as I can last. My planning/book list post is here, but I'm not going to stick with it if the flow pulls me elsewhere.
I plan to check in/post updates throughout the day, though I will be gone for a chunk of the afternoon to go celebrate my friend's book party. I think that counts as reading goodness though. I may have to do some shopping while I'm in town, but I will rush!
I hope to check in with other people's blogs throughout the day, so feel free to comment and leave me a link if you stop by. Happy reading!
EDITED TO INCLUDE INTRO QUESTIONS:
First break! I'm only just now checking in with the site.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
SE Missouri, USA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The Walking Dead Vol. 17 - I've been meaning to read this for months.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Not sure. Husband is officially in charge of food today! Wish I'd made homemade salsa ahead of time, but oh well. Maybe next time.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
See above. Also, I am a spec fic writer and working on getting published myself. I'll also be doing NaNoWriMo next month. Screenname there is Ahavah as well.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Revelling in reading with few interruptions! I'm also really looking forward to connecting with others who are doing this.