Here are my Top 10 reasons why I love Dewey's Readathon:
10. Lots of activity & new friends to be found on Twitter.
9. I have an excuse to shut myself away & revel in books all day.
8. Snacks &
7. Lots of mini-challenges that help you meet people & offer a chance to win prizes.
6. Convenient – October doesn't work for you? There's one in April, too!
5. Can't commit to reading that much? You can sign up to be a host or cheerleader.
4. Offers a chance to get on your librarian's good side. (We're book lovers – is there a one of us who doesn't have outstanding fines?)
3. Much like NaNoWriMo, the camaraderie and enthusiasm is both encouraging and loads of fun. You can make lots of new friends and find great blogs/twitter/goodreads to follow.
2. Sets a good example for the kids.
1. Books. 24 HOURS OF PURE, UNADULTERATED BOOK LOVE!