My last Mission 101 list ends in March, and as I look over my goals from that list, not only have I forgotten to work on them, a great many of them have changed entirely. Still, I need to focus on my goals. I'm torn between continuing with this list for the next three months, starting a new list entirely, or falling back on good ol' NYR and forgetting the 1001 days portion.
I figured I'd better do an update anyway. If only to keep myself mindful and accountable. My shame will kick my butt into gear at least a little bit. I did manage to do better than I expected, having not looked at this for almost 2 years. Whoops. I will now give a lot of thought to what my current goals should be and some realistic time frames for those.
Italics – goals I'm currently working on
Bold – goals which have changed
2. Find cultural activities for homeschool fieldtrips – We got a zoo membership, at least
3. Keep better HS records/portfolios – Records, yes. Portfolios, not so much.
4. Develop a new HS routine – Our schedule doesn't really support a set routine, but we've gotten better about it.
5. Do more reiki/ceremonies together – Kids don't seem particularly interested
6. Get girls involved in 4-H
7. Everyone submit something to the county fair
9. Get everyone's teeth fixed – Yes! Mostly. Josh still needs a bit of work.
10. Wean family off of so much sugar – Not as bad, but still needs work.
11. Get house cleaned & organized – Got it done, and it was undone
12. Move bedrooms around
13. Start having Date Night
14. Consistently participate in LH flash challenges Liberty Hall is dead! WOE!
16. Finish revising NaNo WonderSaga
17. Submit WonderSaga to the interested agent & editor
18. Revise/finish The Dragon Alliance
23. Write, revise, & submit at least 1 story per month – Decided to focus on novels
24. Write, revise, & submit at least 1 poem per month
25. Choose a handful of good writer blogs to follow
26. Resume blogging at GratefulStead.com and livejournal – LJ (and DW), yes. GS blog, no.
27. Fix up library and reclaim it as my study
30. Resume sending handwritten letters
33. Resume consistent weekly posting at dailyrumi
34. Resume consistent daily posting at yearofpoetry
35. Reward self with subscriptions to magazines
36. Read more contemporary genre writers
37. Continue attending workshops & conferences
38. Qualify for Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America membership
39. Secure an agent! – Later goal
40. Submit to contests (at least one each quarter)
41. Look for local small business resources/help (also for 'Farm' goals)
42. Research grants
43. Repair & fence chicken coop
46. Improve/expand garden each year
47. Finish inner circle of Mom's memorial/meditation garden
48. Get some kind of dedication stone
51. Clear out dead/unwanted trees
54. Get more chickens
55. Get more goats or get cows
56. Get deep freezer
57. Learn canning - also had, which I'd like to add: and make soap,
58. Freeze/dry/can enough veggies for winter
59. Get enough surplus to start selling
60. Get old trailer blocked up & start cleaning out
61. Rent dumpster & cull
62. Fix fireplace
63. Fix leaks
64. Work on recognizing edible wilds
65. Consistent mealplanning
66. Stick (mostly) with healthy eating habits gained from The Whole30 challenge (ends Tuesday 6/10/14)</i> - 2nd Whole30 done January 2015!
68. Start doing yoga at least 3xs/week
70. Resume taking regular walks
72. Resume logging at SparkPeople.com
75. See chiro again
77. Enter a race
78. Start practicing survival skills
81. Get a juicer
(See 'Spirit' for more related goals)
83. Create consistent meditation routine
84. Resume Medicine Reiki ceremonies
85. Get a good drum
86. Teach a Reiki I class again
87. Start a reiki share &/or drum circle
88. Resume regular shamanic journeying
90. Start a new reiki school
91. Find a good name for new reiki school (My previous school was the Blue Ridge Reiki Center, but I'm now living in MO.)
92. Make vision boards
94. Resume major abundance work
97. Build & maintain a Little Free Library
98. Resume fasting
99. Subscribe to Daily Word again