Ahavah Ehyeh (ahavah) wrote,
Ahavah Ehyeh

Foraging: A Beginner's Guide to Foraging Wild Edible Plants and Medicinal Herbs

Foraging: A Beginner's Guide to Foraging Wild Edible Plants and Medicinal Herbs, by Jane Aniston, is a “to be read” choice for my 2017 Reading Challenge.


Not worth the free price I paid for this. Roughly 10% of the book was the actual book, with 4-5 pictures (not pages, individual pictures) of plants to identify. The other 90% of this "book" is shilling and previews for the author's hundreds of other books. The bulk of this foraging book is actually all about bath salt recipes, plus homemade deodorant, anxiety, and other random subjects the author apparently wrote short books about.

It was taken down off Amazon and looks to be reprinted with a different cover and new surname, under which a great many other books are also listed. I'd suggest the author spend time making one complete and informative book rather than smooshing them all together and releasing a billion 90-110 page books, especially if they all include at least a dozen other off-topic books within.
Tags: books, reviews, survival

  • Dewey's (Last?) Read-a-Thon!

    I've been doing Dewey's 24-hr Read-a-thon off-and-on for over a decade now, I think. Not the last few years, as I have struggled with brain issues…

  • D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook

    I'm finally reading again! Player's Handbook by James Wyatt My rating: 5 of 5 stars I've been playing Dungeons & Dragons since 2nd…

  • Ghostbusters + Closer Mashup

    THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! Closer has NSFW lyrics, if you are not familiar with it, but this is worth a listen RIGHT NOW so get…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment